22 Aug Back to School on Amazon
- In September, Amazon’s sales rise considerably with the return to schools
- Launching big-budget marketing campaigns boosts brands’ performance in the Marketplace
The back to school period is a key time for companies to step on the accelerator and make their business models profitable for the last quarter of the year. The period includes the months of August and September, which are similar to adults coming back from holidays and the children going back to school.
According to numerous studies, it is estimated that each family spends 3% of annual income on school supplies, clothing and electronic devices, which amounts to a minimum expenditure of 400 euros per child. Also in a report, Amazon has declared that 65% of households are expected to shop online this year.
A great business opportunity for companies to raise their brand awareness and positioning on the platform. In this case, it’s through marketing campaigns monitored to reach their buyer persona and offer quality content that differentiates them from the competition.
Common search trends for the back to school season
Searches for items on Amazon rise significantly in August and September, with the most visited Amazon categories by customers being children’s clothing, footwear, school supplies, books and electronic devices.
However, by keywords, the following terms are currently trending: paper, pencil case, backpack, eraser, notebook, pen, markers, pencils, scissors, plasticine, highlighters, glue, crayons, compass and folder.
The data indicates that users start their consumption patterns prior to September, and in response to their new consumption habits, brands work on the launch campaign with a lead time of 60 to 90 days. As such, it’s recommended that companies conduct market research to identify business opportunities in the sector in which they operate before launching advertising content.
Guidelines to consider for the Back to School 2022 campaign
Companies increasingly want to be on Amazon and advertise their products on the front pages of the platform. To this end, it’s necessary to work on its positioning by creating strategic actions that enhance its visibility and brand recognition with a prior time, as we announced in previous paragraphs, in order to make the investment profitable.
In this case, in order to differentiate the product stock from that of the competition and increase the company’s sales with a positive return on investment, the following strategic actions must be taken into account:
- Offers and promotions: coupons, offers and promotions increase the average purchase ticket per customer in a brand’s store. And if you also make packs of related products by category, the offer is more attractive and demand increases.
- Invest in advertising: increasing the budget allocated to the campaign improves the performance of activity on the platform, sales increase and the economic benefits rise. In this case, it’s possible to run different types of ads such as Sponsored Product, Sponsored Brand or Sponsored Display to redirect the customer throughout the company’s sales funnel and make a successful purchase.
- Content: it’s necessary to create content that responds to Amazon’s requirements, is attractive, clear and perfectly defines the qualities of the item on offer at all times.
This seasonal campaign offers companies great business opportunities to advertise their product catalogue in a space where traffic is segmented and measurable. Also, society is becoming increasingly digitalised and responds to technology as the leading means of consumption, with Amazon being the favourite e-commerce site for Spaniards.
What are you waiting for to advertise your products on Amazon? Join the Back to School 2022 campaign and get even more benefits.