23 Mar Find out how to open and manage an Amazon Seller account in 2023
- Selling on Amazon opens up endless possibilities and opportunities to boost your online business.
- To sign up, you need to select a subscription plan and complete the forms with the company, seller and payment information, as well as any additional relevant data.
Working with a Seller account means that you’ll sell your products directly to the end customer and you can do this whether you’re a large company, an SME or a freelancer. Keep in mind that Amazon will provide you with a platform to sell on, as well as a space on their marketplace, but you’ll be in charge of working with Seller Central to manage the account.
Having a Seller account will allow you to maintain complete control over your stock, the price of the products, the inventory and above all, to choose the logistics that best suit your needs.
For this and more, opening a Seller account on Amazon in 2023 requires certain steps and successfully completing the requested requirements.
If you’re wondering how to do it and want to know what we recommend at Nozama Solutions, read on.
Contenido del Post
What’s the first step when becoming a Seller?
Simple: you must register on Amazon Seller Central with your own user name and create a password.
The next step is choosing your subscription plan: individual plan (limited to 40 items and payment of 0.99 euros for each sale) or professional plan (payment of 39 euros per month, regardless of the volume of sales).
You then need to complete the documentation required by Amazon:
- Company information.
- Seller information such as phone number, email and ID or passport.
- Payment information, data such as the credit card to make payments for the subscription plan and the bank account where profits from sales will be deposited.
- Additional information.
- Name of the store on Amazon.
Validation by Amazon
To avoid identity theft or any attempt of fraud, Amazon proceeds to verify the data of the person through a PIN code that is provided via SMS or phone call. They’ll also check the bank and company registration information.
Once everything is verified, you’ll be able to access the Seller Central portal and after a few days, publish your listing, carry out all the tracking and access all the statistics.
However, Amazon may decide to block your account if there are problems in completing the opening process or if the requirements aren’t met.
Some of these cases are:
- Failure to achieve the performance required by Amazon.
- High number of negative reviews on your products.
- Products that don’t comply with regulations in the countries of sale.
Manage your catalogue on Seller
At this point, you have the reins of your brand within Amazon and it’s up to you to work hard to get the best results.
If you don’t know where to start, take these tips into account to sell on the marketplace and get the most out of your account:
- The first step is to upload your catalogue to Amazon: remember to take care with the images of each product as well as its content; establish the shipping times and the costs involved for the buyer; find out how to take advantage of advertising on Amazon to increase your sales.
- Maintain a good SEO positioning thanks to written content to position yourself at the top of the search results. Getting the Buy Box is also a great benefit and a clear advantage over your competitors.
- Finally, try to get good reviews and never run out of stock or you’ll drop several places at once.
Results and benefits
Once you have all of the above in place and your Seller account is stable, you’ll start to make profits on sales made on the Marketplace.
Remember to check the quality of all your products, use FBA logistics if you can’t handle shipments constantly and don’t forget to keep up to date with Amazon’s policy updates.
In short, opening and managing a Seller account will provide you with great benefits if you know how to build a solid foundation and meet every requirement in detail. You’ll reach a larger and more targeted audience and raise awareness of your brand on this platform.