23 Mar Learn how to open and manage an Amazon Seller account in 2023
- Selling on Amazon opens up a myriad of possibilities and opportunities to boost your business in online commerce.
- To sign up, you need to select a subscription plan and fill out the forms with information regarding the company, the seller, and the payments, as well as any additional relevant data.
Working with a Seller account means that you will sell your products directly to the end customer and you can do this whether you are a large company, an SME or a freelancer. Keep in mind that Amazon will be the platform through which you sell and will provide you with the space within its marketplace, but you will be in charge of working with Seller Central to manage the account.
Having a Seller account will allow you to maintain absolute control over your stock, the price of products, inventory and, above all, choose the logistics that best suit your needs.
For this and more, opening a Seller account on Amazon in 2023 requires certain steps and successfully completing the requested requirements.
If you are wondering how to do it and want to know what we recommend from Nozama Solutions, be sure to read below.
What is the first step to becoming a Seller?
It’s simple: you need to sign up for Amazon Seller Central with your own username and create a password.
The next thing is to choose the subscription plan: individual plan (limited to 40 items and payment of €0.99 for each sale) or professional plan (payment of €39 per month, regardless of sales volume).
Next, it is necessary to complete the documentation required by Amazon:
- Company Information.
- Seller information such as phone number, email, ID or passport.
- Payment information, such as the credit card to make subscription plan payments, and the bank account into which to deposit the profits from sales.
- Additional information.
- First Name of the store on Amazon.
Validation by Amazon
To prevent identity theft or any attempt at fraud, Amazon verifies the person’s data using a PIN code that is provided via SMS or phone call. He or she will also review the company’s banking and registration information.
Once everything is verified, you will be able to access the Seller Central portal and, after a few days, publish your listing, track all the information and access all the statistics.
However, it may be the case that Amazon decides to block your account if there are problems completing the opening process or if the requirements are not met.
Some of these cases are:
- Not achieving the performance demanded by Amazon.
- High number of negative reviews on your products.
- Products that do not comply with the regulations in the countries of sale.
Manage your catalog in Seller
At this point, you have the reins of your brand within Amazon and it’s up to you to strive for the best results.
If you don’t know where to start, keep in mind these tips to sell within the marketplace and get the most out of your account:
- The first step is to upload your catalog to Amazon: remember to take care of the images of each product as well as its content; establishes the shipping times and the costs they entail for the buyer; Find out how to leverage advertising on Amazon to increase your sales.
- Maintain a good SEO positioning thanks to written content to position yourself at the top of the search results. Winning the Buy Box is also a great benefit and a clear advantage over your competitors.
- Finally, try to get good reviews and never break stock or you’ll drop several places at once.
Results & Benefits
Once you have all of the above in place and achieve stability in your Seller account, you will start receiving the benefits of your sales within the Marketplace.
Remember to monitor the quality of all your products, use FBA logistics if you can’t handle shipments constantly, and don’t forget to stay up to date on updates to Amazon’s policies.
In short, opening and managing a Seller account will provide you with great benefits if you know how to build a solid foundation and meet each requirement in detail. You will reach a larger and target audience and make your brand known within this platform.