08 Sep What is Dayketing?
- Discover the advantages of Dayketing and make the most of them.
- 6 tips that will help you prepare your products for the most special dates of the year.
Dayketing is a new marketing concept that comes from the campaigns executed by companies since the mid-twentieth century. Based on market trends, large corporations adapt their communication techniques to launch concrete commercial actions that make their business profitable. An example of this is: the celebration of Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Book Day, Valentine’s Day or Christmas.
So much so that, in recent years, everything has been encouraged by the impact of “Amazon” on the market and globalization. Consequently, today we can appreciate a wide range of business opportunities such as: Prime Day, Cyber Monday, Black Friday and discounts on specific days.
Based on the data collected from Bankinter Consumer Finance’s VI report: “Dayketing Consumption”, female spending is the one that has stood out the most on these special consumption dates. However, men are the ones who have increased their average ticket in purchases made, even tripling women’s spending. According to this study, on Black Friday, men spent 71% and women 29%.
On the other hand, Generation X (those born between 1961 and 1980), are the ones who spend the most on special days. However, the consumption variant is different between generations, with seniors (those over 60 years of age) increasing their budget per purchase made.
The pandemic has changed consumer habits, favouring the performance of e-commerce activity. The report also reveals that user consumption levels are at the same level as in pre-pandemic times.
Seasonal Marketing: Create campaigns on special dates on Amazon
Dayketing has increased consumption by up to 450% in the last six years on Amazon and everything indicates that with Prime Day 2022 demand has increased to 550%, according to the VI report by Bankinter Consumer Finance.
For the e-commerce giant, the user’s shopping experience on the platform is fundamental. For this reason, the celebration of special offers on specific days has caused great expectation for both companies and users.
In this sense, it is worth highlighting the effort of businesses operating in e-commerce to gain visibility on the platform and expand their market share.
How to dayketing on Amazon?
- Do a previous market study and establish an annual calendar to launch concrete actions. Ideally, you should anticipate the most important dates of the year so that the campaign has a great impact on the market in which you operate.
- Prepare your products. It is very important that you have enough stock to meet the demand of your target audience.
- Work on SEO within Amazon. Optimize your product listings, review search terms, include keywords, and work on reviews to increase your conversion rate.
- Create offers and promotions strategically. In this sense, flash offers, volume discounts, coupons, or a combination of several can be created to generate a higher volume of traffic.
- Increase the impact of your campaigns until you reach the available budget. As a noteworthy fact, the day with the highest number of searches on Amazon does not usually coincide with the day of the event itself, but with the days leading up to it. This needs to be taken into account.
- Pay attention to international dates, they vary depending on the country and you could increase your profits by selling your products in other markets.
In short, evolving at the pace set by the markets helps predict technological and consumer trends.