14 Dec Without a good brand image on Amazon, your Christmas sales are in jeopardy
- With the advent of ecommerce, a good image is one of the most important factors in the advertisement of a product, increasing views and the chances that a potential buyer will complete the purchase process.
- In the context of Christmas shopping, the American multinational Amazon is aware of the importance of images in the purchase process of its customers, and is therefore paying special attention to creating new strategies that enhance this area.
Madrid, 14 December 2022.
A good picture is worth a thousand words. And this is Amazon’s philosophy for all the photographs that its advertisers post on the Marketplace when selling a product. However, the ecommerce giant doesn’t make it easy; The requirements are strict and seek maximum organic efficiency to favor the customer’s purchase.
For this reason, Nozama Solutions, the first Amazon account management technology platform, offers a series of recommendations for companies to comply with the platform’s requirements in an effective, useful and sales-oriented way.
Amazon’s requirements for images to be efficient and have the same characteristics
Amazon gives special importance to the main image, as it is the potential customer’s first impression of the product. The most important thing is that it is professionally taken and that only the product is in it, without packaging or layouts, simulations or graphic design elements. It is recommended that photographs be taken on a white background and are the most representative view of the product.
A fundamental factor in optimizing product images is to adapt the color system to the channel to be used. Amazon displays the photographs in an sRGB color system, which is the supported standard for digital devices used in everyday environments. Therefore, if the images are uploaded to another system, such as CMYK or RGB, the platform will modify them, which may compromise the correct display of the colors.
2. The minimum number of pixels that an image must have on its longest side in order to be displayed optimally is 1,600 and the maximum is 10,000. This way, users can use the zoom tool.
3. The eCommerce platform recommends using JPEG (.jpg o.jpeg) photos, but supports TIFF (.tif), PNG (.png) and GIF (.gif) formats.
4. Images may not contain nudity or provocative content.
5. Accessories or related products should not appear that are not included in the package, as this could confuse the customer and cause returns or negative reviews.
6. Human models may not appear on children’s and baby clothing.
7. Logos, Amazon trademarks, or any distinctive used by the marketplace itself, such as Amazon’s Choice labels, Amazon Smile design, etc., may not be included.
“The importance of having a good image strategy to boost visits and sales of a product is essential,” explains Mario Herraiz, CEO and co-founder of Nozama. “Amazon seeks customer satisfaction with these requirements, and in this sense, it is important to note that, depending on the product category, the image will have to meet specific requirements. In the case of men’s or women’s clothing, it must be photographed on a human model; But if it’s for children, it has to be photographed on a flat surface and without a model, for example. But everything, always, is designed in, for and by the customer.”
To contribute to the professionalization and compliance with all of Amazon’s requirements in terms of product photography, Nozama, the agency that helps manufacturers, distributors and wholesalers in the management of their Vendor or Seller accounts in ecommerce, in the protection of their brand, in the planning of Amazon strategies and marketing, as well as in logistics, in shipping and customer service, it has become the first platform in the world to have created its own photography studio specifically for products that are going to be sold on Amazon.
In this way, Nozama invests in improving the quality of its service by offering the possibility of making better images that increase the positioning of its customers on Amazon, since they are aware of all the guidelines of the marketplace and how to achieve higher positions in search results.