24 Jul 6 Tips to Avoid Fraud and Scams on Amazon
Every consumer should pay special attention to possible scams or identity theft in their online shopping processes. These situations can come in a variety of forms, but most of them happen when the scammer impersonates a company and tries to obtain sensitive information from its users.
On Amazon, in 2022, 50% of phishing scams were through fake order confirmations. Typically, these scams are given by confirming a purchase that the customer has not made and requesting an action on it.
In this article, we will explain the most appropriate way to proceed to avoid falling into this type of trap and thus ensure that your experience when shopping on Amazon is safe, effective and optimal.
6 Tips to Stay Safe from Amazon Scams
Below, we are going to give you a series of tips or recommendations so that you can identify and avoid this type of scam as easily and quickly as possible.
- Check your Amazon purchases. If you receive any type of message about a purchase that you do not know, instead of replying to the message or opening any link, what you should do is log in to your Amazon account and check your purchase history, since there will appear all the information about your orders, so if nothing appears about the message you have received, It means it’s a scam.
- Work with secure sources. From Amazon, you will never be asked for any type of information related to payment by any means other than the mobile application, the website or a physical store. If you receive a payment request by any other means, do not take any action, as this is a scam.
- Don’t get carried away by the urgency. On many occasions, scammers try to create a sense of urgency to convince you to take action with sensitive information. Don’t get carried away with this urgency and, as we mentioned above, don’t give out private information by any means other than Amazon’s app, website, or physical store.
- Be careful with gift cards. Amazon will never ask you to pay with gift cards, so you should be alert if you receive these types of requests or demands to make payments for your purchases.
- Contact Amazon. If at any time you have any questions about whether a message, call, or request from Amazon is part of fraud, please contact Amazon Customer Service directly through the Amazon Marketplace app. Don’t call or text any number you haven’t obtained from official channels. Also keep in mind that Amazon doesn’t ask you to download any software to connect you to customer service, and if it asks you for this, don’t do it, it’s fraud.
- Monitor other experiences. You can use a scam tracker, such as Scam Tracker to learn about other users’ experiences that may be similar to yours. This tool will help you identify the veracity of the facts and information you receive through the experiences of other users like you.
If you think you’re the victim of a fraud or phishing threat, report it. Amazon offers you several channels through which you can record what happened so that they can take action. In this way, you will help fight against scams and identity theft, and make online shopping an increasingly safe space.
Security at Amazon
Amazon has more than 15000 professionals around the world who are dedicated to protecting the platform and its customers from fraud and other types of scams. Therefore, it is very important that whenever you want to do something through their platform you use the official website and app, as this way you will be completely protected.