26 Apr Amazon joins Artificial Intelligence
- Amazon Web Services has developed the implementation of AI and machine learning to improve the customer experience.
- Multiple benefits and advantages for both customers and the marketplace
The advent of artificial intelligence (AI) has brought about a major revolution in many daily activities, improving procedures and making tasks easier. That’s why Amazon doesn’t want to be left behind and has decided to implement generative artificial intelligence to better serve its customers.
Precisely to improve the user experience, boost productivity in all areas and optimize processes for companies, Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers its own artificial intelligence services together with machine learning.
If you are wondering what it is going to be noticed and what its impact will be, in the following lines we explain how AI is developed on Amazon. Ready to be part of the revolution?
Getting Started with AI in Ecommerce
Being a leading company in the e-commerce sector, it’s no surprise that Amazon has implemented AI in its processes and services. Managing inventory, delivering packages, and customer service are just some of the sectors that have adopted this new technology and, thanks to these first forays into it, both the marketplace and customers have been able to experience improvements in the work and shopping experience.
Specifically, the tech giant has started handling customer inquiries with AI-based systems.
- In the first case, it offers solutions to support humans who get stuck in technical support.
- On the other hand, it acts directly with the customer and solves according to what problems there are without the need for human intervention.
These two automated processes have already passed the testing phase and have been tested with real customers to start getting into the works and perfecting all the details.
More than a flowchart
Over time, AI will learn to interact better and provide more useful answers to solve the questions posed by customers, so it is necessary to continue testing it and expand its memory and experience.
Today, it is able to have a conversation with customers thanks to the response templates that it modifies to adjust specific data such as name, products or dates.
Thus, not only is time saved, but service is improved and the customer feels taken care of much sooner, so it will lead to greater satisfaction and positive ratings.
What are the main advantages?
At this point, there is a list of services that already have AI in their applications and workflows to deal with common and repetitive cases, helping to reduce the workload of staff:
- Create personalized recommendations.
- Improve the customer service center.
- Enhance security and customer engagement.
- Catalog products automatically.
- Detect defects and automate inspections.
- Extract texts, data, and images from documents.
- Facilitate fluid communication channels.
- Personalize online experiences for individual users.
- Interact in any language instantly.
Amazon in Continuous Growth
The technology implemented by Amazon to develop the AI is similar to that used with the famous Chat GPT, so it is understood that the processes will be more automated and will save the company time and effort.
Both the servers and the cloud that stores customer information are subject to the new technology, which means millions of data points.
AI and ML (Machine Learning) feed off each other but are independent. The second consists of automating machines so that they can generate content by themselves, without the need for prior orders.
Specifically, AWS has assured that it has a unique portfolio of services for customers by leveraging the power of artificial intelligence. In this way, Amazon aims to make Big Data and machine learning systems accessible to everyone.